Thursday, June 4, 2009

Making the Cut

I finally did it. I've spent the last two years growing my hair long (while still getting regular trims every 6-8 weeks to keep the ends looking nice), and I finally had the eight inches necessary to make the cut for the Pantene Beautiful Lengths donation program. Donations are used to make real-hair wigs for women who have lost their hair during cancer treatments. I've always admired people who donate blood- it's something I've never been able to do. (Given the fact that I faint at the drop of a hat). But when I read about this program, I thought, 'Hey, I can grow hair!" I was a little nervous- I've never really liked having short hair- but I figured there is a woman out there somewhere who is going through the toughest time of her life, and if there is someway I can make her feel even just a little bit better, then it is worth it. If anyone is interested in making a donation, just visit the website http://www.beautifullengths.com/ for step-by-step instructions. Here's a look at the old/new me.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love your hair. it so cute and such a wonderful thing to do



ella