Thursday, May 1, 2008

It's a ....



BOY! Yes, that's right- boy number 3! We went for an ultrasound last week, and the little guy is looking good. The sonogram technician said this is the most photogenic in-utero baby she's ever seen! He was very cooperative. I must admit- the 4-D pictures are somewhat freaky looking. Kind of alien-like. (And that is the umbilical cord you are seeing-not the part that makes him a boy.) But it is very cool to catch a glimpse of what he will look like. Three boys. God help me. I'm going to need lots of energy, lots of patience, and a good colorist to cover up the gray hairs. Oh, and really good insurance. Michael says boys fight a lot. And I don't mean calling each other "stupid head," either. I mean rolling around, wrestling on the ground, fist fighting. There's bound to be blood, and someone's going to need stitches. For now, I will enjoy my two darling little angels as they snatch each other's Hot Wheels cars away, and knock each other's towers down, and wonder what kind of personality the third one will have. The first two couldn't be more different. There are only two things Rex and Sean have in common- 1. Their address, and 2. Their parents. It's fun to think about where the new one will fit in.

On a side note- Sean had his surgery today to replace his ear tubes. Everything went well and he is recovering nicely. The doctor said he should be able to hear much better now that all of that gunk is cleaned out. The new tubes are larger and should allow his ears to drain much better. We'll keep our fingers crossed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michael says boys fight? I can not imagine what would give him such an idea. The way I remember us growing up we were perfect angels. Congratulations and good luck......
(I have a feeling you're going to need it over the next several years.)

Love and take care,
Dennis

Beth said...

Congratulations!!! I am sure you will have your hands full with three boys!

The Kiser's said...

What a handsome little guy! It is unreal to see the 3-D ultrasounds. I had this feeling you were going to have another boy. You'll be outnumbered in your house for sure.

Hope your feeling well!

Kimberly said...

CONGRATS!!!!! If anyone can handle 3 boys, it's you guys!