Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Happy First Birthday Sean!




Yes, it's true. We blinked, and our little baby turned one year old. I know people say time flies when you have kids, but I never knew just how true that was. I could swear I just brought Sean home from the hospital a few weeks ago. But here we are, one year later, one year older, one year wiser. I thought you might enjoy pictures from the cupcake celebration we had at dinner tonight. Rex and I baked sprinkle cupcakes for Sean. I think Rex was much more excited about his cupcake than Sean was, but I think Sean made a bigger mess!

It has been quite a year. I remember the anxious feeling we had waiting for Sean to arrive. I was downright scared. Not about the birth- I had done that before- I was scared about the unknown. We knew about Sean's cleft issues from his sonogram, but no one could tell us for sure if there was anything else wrong. We didn't know what to expect. Despite the fact the sonogram had shown a clear cleft palate, he arrived with his soft palate intact which allowed him to feed, and other than his lip, he was a happy, healthy little boy. Our prayers had been answered. We've been through doctor's visits and surgeries, and through it all he has been such a trooper. He's an amazing little fellow, and he has taught us a lot. We've had our share of sleepless nights, but all in all Sean has been a wonderful addition to our family. Happy Birthday, Little Buddy- We love you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sean.

Love,

Uncle Jeff, Aunt Mindi, Trevor and Morgan.

See you Sunday!!

Maria said...

Happy Birthday Sean! We loved meeting you but now we need to get you and Ashley together for a playdate.... she likes her men a little older :)

Kimberly said...

Happy B-Day Sean!!! I'm so glad we got to met you! You are such a happy and sweet little fella!