Monday, August 13, 2007

Ocean City 2007




















No we have not dropped off the face of the earth, we have simply been on vacation. We spent a wonderful week in O.C., MD soaking up the sun and splashing in the waves. I would have loved to have posted these pictures days ago, but after having live-in playmates for an entire week, Rex has forgotten how to entertain himself, so I have become his new favorite play-date. And Sean loved always having someone to hold him, read to him, and just plain dote all over him. He has now become permanently attached to my side, and sobs hysterically if I dare move out of sight. I have also been unpacking- and anyone who saw how completely side-to-side and top-to-bottom jam packed my Expedition was (I never thought an Expedition would be too small) can imagine what unpacking it is like. It's been three days, and I'm still not done. (If I'm not done unpacking, I'm technically still on vacation, right?) But I somehow managed to carve a few minutes of time out to post these pictures and tell everyone about our week. It was fantastic. We were part of a group of 30 people (21 adults, 9 children) of family and extended family. We stayed in two connected townhouses on 90th st. right on the beach. Each morning began by feeding Sean his milk on the deck outside while listening to the waves crash and watching for dolphins. What a great way to start the day. We spent a lot of time on the beach, of course, but we also made time for a Girl's Lunch out at Macky's, a Couple's Night out at Seacrets (while the grandparents babysat-thanks!), a boat ride on the Sea Rocket, a trip to the Rehoboth Boardwalk (home of FunLand- great for kids), and lots of happy hours on the deck. We had a great time. But as it goes, all good things must end, and it was time to come back home. It was so nice to see and spend time with everyone. We miss you all! And every time I find sand in some obscure place, (like my make-up bag) I will think of you!

2 comments:

Maria said...

Sounds like you had a great time, dont you just hate having to come back!!

The Kiser's said...

Hey Erin:
Kevin here. I wanted to let you know how I upload videos onto blogger.

1. sign up for a youtube account (it's free)
2. on the main page of youtube, you'll see a "your account" tab in the bottom left corner. click on this.
3. you will see "upload a video"
4. you will then select the video you want to upload from either your "my documents" or your desktop or wherever you have it saved.
5. make sure the video is a .mov file or it may not upload (you can maybe upload other formats but this is the one I use).
6. after you upload onto youtube (be patient), you will get an "embed" code. Copy and paste this code into the space on blogger where you usually type in your text. your video should then be on the blogger.

hope this helps. let me know if you have any questions.

Talk to you later,
Kevin

p.s. your vacation looks like a great time!